And after I don’t know how I have finally completed the repairs, touch-ups and a finish. I used shellac with brunt umber pigment to match the old stain and patina, then treated the entire wheel with Moses T’s Reviver. I put the Reviver on with an old toothbrush to get into all of the details of the turnings, allowed it to sit for 10 minutes and wiped off the excess. Disposing of my oily rags properly.
I assembled all the parts and used hemp cord for the power belt and a strip of leather for the transition between the foot treadle and the pitman. After the crank was straightened it works fine without hitting the wheel support or the pitman.
Fun project, now on to something entirely different.